Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /data/18/0/107/118/759770/user/776909/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/oshine-modules/includes/functions/helpers.php on line 512
Kathleen Duncan is a Photo & Video journalist at the Reynolds Journalism Institute. She was previously a Photo Editor & Videographer at The San Francisco Chronicle.
Prior experience includes leading visual departments as the Visuals Editor & Interim Digital Editor at The Standard-Examiner and the Photo & Video Editor at The Victoria Advocate. She also held photo positions at The Utica Observer-Dispatch in New York, The Hutchinson News in Kansas, and The Daily Hampshire Gazette in Massachusetts.
Outside of work she enjoys traveling, exploring indie bookstores and frolicking with an adorable pup named Panda.
Awards & Recognition:
Newspaper Picture Editor of the Year – Team – NPPA Best of Photojournalism Contest
- 1st Place Spot News: “Assault with a deadly weapon” – NPPA Clip Contest
- 1st Place Multimedia Short: “Pushed Out” – NPPA Multimedia Contest
- 1st Place Feature/Multiple Picture: “Shattered Dreams” – NPPA Clip Contest
- Distinguished Sports Photography Award for “Victory and Defeat” – New York News Publishers Association
- Star Breaking News Report of the Year – Texas APME
- 1st Place Team Page Design – Texas APME
- 2nd Place Spot News Photography – Texas APME
- 3rd Place Spot News: “Structure Fire” – NPPA Clip Contest
- 3rd Place General News: “Miner Rescue” – NPPA Clip Contest
- 3rd Place Print Single Page – NPPA Photo Editing Contest
- 3rd Place Print Multiple Page – NPPA Photo Editing Contes
- 3rd Place Feature Photo “Splashing with Mermaids” – Utah Press Association Award
- Honorable Mention Feature Photography – Texas APME
- Comment and Criticism (book column) – APME
- In Depth Print – Anson Jones Award
- Mixed Media – Anson Jones Award